Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Intro: Music is What Feelings Sound Like!

Hey there! Welcome! My name is Marc (as you might've guessed after reading the title). I'm just one guy enjoying music (someday I hope to be two of them). My musical tastes have grown and refined over the years. Beginning with the AM radio days (Jeez...who sang "Sexy Eyes"?...Dr. Hook?), it's a couple of decades-worth of life spent enjoying music as often as possible. There's so much music upstairs right now and so many feelings enclosed in those plastic jewel cases and album sleeves...Words cannot describe how happy music makes me...and yet...I plan on giving it a shot.

As the title of this post suggests, music is what feelings sound like. From the authors of the lyrics and the composers of the melodies to the recipients of their art, music is written to express feelings. Victor Hugo said, "Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent." My wife, Chelo, says, "Marc, turn that down!"...a bit of a contrast of quotes, but she did end up winning the blog title competition. Needless to say, she would like it to remain a bit more silent in our house. That's not to say she doesn't enjoy music. It just helps me get my ultimate point across: I enjoy listening to music...a whole lot.

Every week, I'd like to post reviews of some of my favorite albums from some great artists. Some you may know and some you may not. If you know of which I type you can nod your head as you read and maybe it will spark you to pull that old disc/album off the shelf once again...relive some feelings from long, long ago. If reading this weekly gets you to try a new artist...that'd be great! Either way, feel free to leave comments as I'd love for this to be a place for discussion amongst friends.

Thanks for taking the time to participate in my writing. Check back each week for album reviews and stories.

2 comments:

  1. The music Marc chooses for dinner is, let's just say, not relaxing! We actually have a lot of musical taste in common but he likes to torment me with Calvin Johnson or Beat Happening (sorry Calvin I have tried to enjoy it!). Anyway, Marc would listen to music 24/7 and I love that he started this blog, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God!! So perfect! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete